I wanted to write today about the magical world of books. Books are a wonderful way for someone to get lost in a story. With a protagonist you can root for, as well as devious antagonists who you can’t help but root against. But remember the antagonist of a story needs to play his/her role just as much as the beloved protagonist.
Below I am going to highlight a few of the books I’ve read that have had a profound effect on my writing life, as well as my personal life. Please feel free to add your own favorites, I would love to hear your opinions too.
- The Bible By: God
- Harry Potter Series By: J.K. Rowling
- The Hunger Games By: Suzanne Collins
- The Hobbit By: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Mere Christianity By: C.S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia By: C.S. Lewis
- Character’s and Viewpoint By: Orson Scott Card
- On Writing By: Stephen King
- The Fault in Our Stars By: John Green
- The Elements of Style By: William Strunk JR.
- The Giver By: Lois Lowry
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven By: Mitch Albom
- The Great Gatsby By: F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Tuesday’s with Morrie By: Mitch Albom
- Quiet Strength By: Tony Dungy
- Angels and Demons By: Dan Brown
- Oh the Places You’ll Go By: Dr. Seuss
- Of Mice and Men By: John Steinbeck
- Divergent By: Veronica Roth
- Fablehaven By: Brandon Mull
And for anyone who was wondering that is a picture of my book, “Paint the Black.”